So yet again, I find myself single around Valentine’s Day. While many might take that as depressing, I still welcome the holiday as a way to appreciate those I love (and an excuse to wear pink and eat an absurd amount of chocolate).
I might not currently have a boyfriend, but that doesn’t mean I can’t brainstorm a list for future relationships (and to give you all some ideas). Here are some things that I think a man would really appreciate (regardless of the part he plays in your life).
- Gift Basket (candy, alcohol, etc.): Chocolate is not just for girls. Every guy loves candy (after all, the way to a man’s heart is with food). Buying just one piece of candy is nice, but not really going to wow anyone. A whole variety of chocolates and sweets will definitely impress.
- Festive underwear: Okay so the whole “guy buys lingerie for his girlfriend” thing is a little ridiculous if you ask me, so why not return the favor and buy them some valentines day themed boxers or briefs? This pair from Tommy John might be a little cheesy, but the quality is so great that they’ll actually appreciate the extra underwear.
- DVD set of his favorite TV show: Yes there is Netflix, but there is something about having an entire, tangible, set of your favorite TV show. Plus, he’ll be impressed that you actually remember what his favorite TV show is.
- Expensive bottle of alcohol: I really think you can’t go wrong with this. Most people won’t go out and buy an expensive bottle of their favorite hard liquor for themselves (i.e.: Whiskey) but it’s definitely a gift anyone will appreciate.
- Cologne: This might be a classic, unoriginal gift but it’s a great way to buy someone cologne that you love and I don’t know if this goes for men, but I welcome new perfumes with open arms. This cologne by Giorgio Armani is one of the best.
- Tickets to a sports game: If your guy (and you, yourself) is a big sports fan, I definitely recommend this option. Chances are, he’ll take you with him, and even if you don’t really pay attention to sports, it’s an activity that you both can enjoy together.
- Leather wallet: Wallets get worn and torn and most men are too lazy to go out and buy a new one. A nice, leather wallet (like this one from Fossil) can be affordable and stylish. It’s also really useful to have one with an RFID chip protection in it (something he might not have in his original wallet).
- Sunglasses: February brings warmer weather, and warmer weather brings sunshine. Sunglasses are a great gift to give to the man in your life (literally, any man) and you can never go wrong with a pair of Oakley’s or Ray Ban’s, although these are definitely a little more on the expensive side.
What are you planning on buying your significant other for Valentine’s Day? Stay tuned for the second part of this short gift series, Valentine’s Day Gift Guide: For Her.