Anyone that knows me, knows that I love TV. In fact, I might as well be obsessed. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of shows on Netflix I still haven’t watched (everyone always yells at me when I tell them I still haven’t seen Breaking Bad- I’m working on it I promise). But what do I love more than watching TV? Talking about TV!
So here I am with a new series, TV Tuesday! And yes, I purposely chose Tuesday as the day for the alliteration. This week’s topic: my top 5 favorite sitcoms on Netflix.
- Friends: This is my all time favorite show. I watched all 10 seasons back when they were on DVD, multiple times. And I proceeded to watch the entire show right when it was added to Netflix. Friends never fails to put a smile on my face and will always be my absolute favorite sitcom. If you have never seen it, put it on your watch list ASAP.
- How I Met Your Mother: I actually just watched this show last year and I was shocked that I had never seen it before. It’s very similar to Friends, but a lot more modernized (Friends ran from 1994-2004 as opposed to HIMYM which ran from 2005-2014). Friends will always be my favorite but HIMYM is a very close second.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: This show is absolutely hilarious and still on air, but if you’re someone who doesn’t get easily offended or disgusted, this show is perfect for you. The characters are horrible people, yet somehow still endearing, and the show continues to push boundaries with their jokes and the overall plot.
- The Office: Who doesn’t love the office? I had never watched the show on a regular basis (only a couple episodes here and there) and as I’ve been watching it from start to finish I love it more and more. Another great show that’s lighthearted and full of lovable characters (and one of the best love story lines ever).
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: This is one of the cutest sitcoms, and one of the most original. It’s a new show (only one season) and a Netflix original about a girl who escaped a cult and is now living in New York. It is so funny in it’s own way and everyone who’s watched it has loved it. So you should too.
Runners-Up: New Girl, The League
Next on my Watch List: Parks & Recreation, 30 Rock, Arrested Development
What are some of your favorite sitcoms on Netflix?