Baseball season has started and although I’m sure most of you don’t really pay attention to the sport, I know most of you have been to a baseball at some point or another or are planning to go this year. It might not be America’s favorite past-time anymore, but it’s still a great activity to do with friends, family, or a significant other, especially once the weather gets warmer.
I am obsessed with baseball. I love the Red Sox and I grew up watching them with my Dad ever since I was little, so there’s definitely a bit of a sentimental reason for why I love it so much. On top of that, Fenway Park is one of my favorite places in MA. If you’re ever in the area, you should visit (even if you don’t enjoy baseball). Every year, I seem to learn a different lesson regarding what I should wear or how I should style my hair and makeup, so I thought I would share with you all my style tips in case you’re planning a day at the ball park this year!
7 Style Tips for a Day of Baseball
- Wear something with your team’s logo. You don’t need to be decked out, but wearing a cute vintage tee or a hat can easily pull your look together.
- Or wear the colors of the team you’re supporting. Just make sure to avoid the colors of the opposing team at all costs. You will be considered a traitor.
- Dress for the weather, and dress conservatively for it. If you see that it’s going to be slightly cold, prepare for wind chill and wear multiple layers since you’ll be outside for a few hours (try a vest or zip up in neutral colors for added warmth).
- Wear sunglasses and sunblock (if the ballpark is outside). The chances of you having to stare into the sun at some point or another is very high.
- Try to avoid wearing a pink baseball hat (i.e. this one). Fans will stereotype you into the category of “doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t know anything about sports”.
- Go for a natural makeup look. It’s a sports game, not a fashion show. You don’t have to try to hard, and you also shouldn’t have to worry about your makeup getting ruined.
- Wear comfortable clothes. This doesn’t mean you should wear sweats, but you should prepare for the fact that you’ll be sitting for a while- wear your most comfortable jeans and walking shoes.
If you’re planning on going to a game and don’t have any gear with your team’s logo (and want one), I highly recommend checking out your local Target or Marshalls/TJMaxx. I have always been able to find random vintage tees and tanks with the logo. If all else fails, Victoria Secret always has some cute, but a little more expensive, options. Here are some cute articles of clothing I found around the web. Most websites that sell one team’s clothes sell clothes for almost all other MLB teams!
What are your tips for looking your best at a baseball game? Are you planning on going to any games this year?